Hennessy is proud to reveal Hennessy X.O 2018 limited edition by Marc Newson. Following a first collaboration for the iconic Hennessy X.O decanter, the internationally acclaimed designer has created a new variation, available from May 2018 in markets worldwide.
For this 2018 Hennessy X.O limited edition, Marc Newson used a subtle gold color with hues of rose, creating a harmonious whole of light, design and assemblage. The result is a dynamic, streamlined variation on the decanter’s iconic shape that breaks with conventions and gives it a wholly ynexpected twist. As distinctive as a work of modern architecture, the design with the new golden color elements amplifies the blend inside – created originally in 1870. Once Marc Newson had pared the bottle’s shape to its purest form, the designer chose to reprise its traditional decorative motifs – grapes and leaves – in a corrugated relied. These striations are perhaps the most daring design elements ever incorporated on the iconic Hennessy X.O decanter.
Says Marc Newson, “For me, the straight lines really highlight the strength of the iconic shape of the Hennessy X.O decanter. When they catch the light, they magnify the blend – its color and sensorial qualities.”
A universally admired talent, Marc Newson joins an elite stable of visionaries who have each brought a unique perspective to Hennessy X.O.
AN INNOVATIVE GIFT BOX PRESENTATION
To reinforce the modern spirit of the new Hennessy X.O decanter, Marc Newson and Hennessy reached beyond the usual confines of spirit bottle design to create a modern gift box presentation.
To dramatize the fusion between the blend and the glass, Marc Newson designed a clear transparent gift box in injected plastic, requiring cutting edge manufacturing. The outer packaging’s design perfectly conveyx Hennessy X.O’s forward-looking spirit, yet its apparently simplicity blies the technical challenge it presented. Its clear, ergonomic shape is molded in a complex plastic more typically used for perfume bottles.
ABOUT MARC NEWSON
Originally from Sydney, AUstralia, Marc Newson has been described as the most influential designer of this generation. He has lived and worked in Tokyo, Paris and London, where he is now based, and his designs span a wide range of disciplines, from transport to sculptural pieces and architecture. A recipient of numerous awards and distinctions, Marc Newson has been included in Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World and has been created a Commander of the British Empire by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. His work is present in many major museum collections, including the MoMA in New York, the Victoria & Albert and the Design Museum of London and the Centre Pompidou in Paris.
THE HENNESSY X.O TASTE EXPERIENCE: MULTISENSORIAL
The Hennessy Comité de Dégustation has parsed Hennessy X.O’s taste odyssey into seven distinct chapters that flow seamlessly into one another. While these perceptions tend to vary depending on each person’s individual palate, understanding and life experiences, the chapters typically unfold as follows:
- Sweet Notes: Flavors of candied fruit embrace the palate as the faint sweetness of oranges fuses with the subtle tartness of apricots.
- Rising Heat: Warm fruit flavors lead into a sensation of rising heat, slowly revealing the complex taste of patiently aged eaux-de-vie.
- Spicy Edge: A strong spicy note tantalizes the palate with distinct peppery overtones.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth breaks into immense roundness. Robust and voluptuous.
- Chocolate Lull: The familiar, well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate caresses the palate with silky, slightly sweet smoothness.
- Wood Crunches: The striking sensation of oak notes interlaced with vanilla makes its presences felt and then subsides.
- Infinite Echo: Evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish, echoing the subtleties of each flavor and the complexity of Hennessy X.O’s blending and long aging process.